Saturday 1 November 2008

UCI World Cup Classics

Wow, what a night of track racing! The home crowd were great and the Brits dominated the first evening. To top the night off Jamie Staff, Chris Newton and Chris Hoy were signing autographs for those lucky few who managed to get to the front of the queue in the allotted 30 minutes they gave to their fans - I was lucky enough to meet all of them and get autographs, hugs and photos with them. I was lucky enough to have Chris Hoy sign 'Heroes, Villains & Velodromes' with the inscription - To Anna, Best Wishes Chris Hoy.
Sad as it may seem, but meeting the guys kinda made my night!

The results of the GB squad(s) (Great Britain, 100% Me and Sky+ HD) -
1 Kilo TT - GOLD David Daniell 1:01.996
Individual Pursuit - GOLD Ed Clancy 4:20.041
Men's Scratch - 7th place Bradley Wiggins
Men's Keirin - SILVER Jason Kenny, 7th place Matt Crampton
Women's Sprint - GOLD Vicky Pendleton 11.697, 4th place Anna Blyth
Women's Pursuit - GOLD Wendy Houvenaghel 3:50.591, BRONZE Jo Rowsell
Women's Points - GOLD Elizabeth Armistead 39pts, SILVER Lucy Martin 25pts, BRONZE Katie Colclough 25pts
There's to be another 2 great nights of racing, but unfortunately I'm only going to be at Sunday's as today's tickets sold out within minutes of going on sale! There'll be more results coming up on here as I get them. Results are also showing on the Tissot Timing page here

4 comments:

  1. AS always the brits dominate! I'm jealous that you got a hug from Chris Hoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you can imagine, I'm over the moon that I got hugs off them all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm jealous you got to meet the pros. Looking very restrained with Chris Hoy there, I'd have definitely had my arm round him all psycho stalker style! He's just so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was very, very restrained with him. I think I was kinda in shock that I'd got to meet him. Last time I met him, we were both on the track at the same time - bit too dangerous to get over-excited on there!

    I did kinda bounce out of the area and whoop with glee like a madman afterwards!

    ReplyDelete