Tuesday 18 November 2008

This should be interesting

The following is an excerpt from Cycling Weekly -

'Triple Olympic gold-medallist Chris Hoy will take to his bike in a showdown with the newly crowned Formula One World Champion, Lewis Hamilton at the Race of Champions event on December 14.

Whilst Hoy will be riding his bike, Hamilton will be on board a Mercedes Benz road car. The head to head battle will be the highlight of the pre-show entertainment at the event in Wembley.

Racing on a tight and twisty circuit, the two rivals may well be closer-matched than expected: what Hamilton may gain on the straights, Hoy can make up in the bends. "This is going to be something very special," said Hamilton. "I've done F1 demonstration runs away from race tracks before, but Wembley Stadium's completely different, the atmosphere is going to be crazy. It's going to be a great way to end a fantastic year, and I'm really looking forward to putting on a show." "I'm a big motor racing fan anyway," said Hoy. "I've seen the Race of Champions on TV so to be there in the flesh is going to be great and to be actually able to compete in it is fantastic. I can kick out about two and half break horse power so that's not quite going to match his car but I think they'll make the race as close as possible and I'll be giving it absolutely everything; I'm really looking forward to it." '

Once the duo have finished racing, they will head to Liverpool for the BBC's Sports Personality of the Year presentation.

For more details of the event click here

No comments:

Post a Comment