Sunday 21 December 2008

What a night!

Only the people I've known for umpteen years know I danced (both as a competitor and as a teacher) for 12 years and have gained hundreds of trophies; and only those people know how much I still love dancing, despite not being able to take part anymore.

At the time I danced I was busy studying 4 A-levels at college and working 36hrs a week teaching 5 classes a week, or training myself, so as you can imagine it was rather a busy time for me!
Unfortunately, thanks to some scallies, an air rifle and the removal of a pellet from my back, I ended up taking too much time away from the dancing and just focused on the studies instead - much less painful. It resulted in my not being able to return to the school I was at, and by this point I was working elsewhere and needed the money I was currently earning while studying.

So to watch the final of Strictly Come Dancing is, for me, a highlight to my day. The quality of dance that Tom Chambers, Lisa Snowden and Rachel Stevens achieved by the final was excellent and I was not alone in thinking that - more than 13 million viewers watched Tom Chambers win with partner Camilla Dallerup after a close fought battle between himself and Rachel Stevens, with Lisa Snowden and partner Brendan Cole being knocked out at the first public vote.

Oh to be able to dance again!

No comments:

Post a Comment