Tuesday 14 October 2008

Track championship results

I ride for Middleton Cycling Club and have been taking part in the club track championships at the Manchester Velodrome.

Our last session of 2008 took place on October 28th and the official results are in - I came third!!

The times that got me the third place are -
0.16.64 - 200 metre sprint
1.39.47 - 1k time trial
3.25.01 - 2k pursuit


The 2k is always the event that gets me worried - mainly due to the way MCC run it. Rather than all the women racing against another woman (ditto for the men) we pit one rider against another with a similar time from the 1k TT; so I have always ended up riding this event against men.
This time around I was pitted against one of the faster men in the club, so really though that he'd lap me. Never mind that he didn't lap me - I knocked a massive 25 seconds off my previous time for the event!!

No comments:

Post a Comment