Friday 27 February 2009

On the right tracks

I had a follow-up appointment at the MRI this morning with the Ortho docs to check how the pelvis is doing.

After yet more xrays which I scrutinised too, it appears I was very lucky with this break as it's literally micro-millimetres away from the area the thigh muscle attaches to - I could've had the muscle ripped from my pelvis....ouch!

Doc is relatively happy with it and is happy for me to stay off the crutches when I can and just weeble along as this will help retain some of the strength and fitness in my thigh that has been built up over the past 6 months or so. I really don't want to lose too much of this strength as it has improved my track riding and sprinting in general, whereas before I was a trifle naff.

The last time I had a serious fracture was about 5 yrs ago now when my tibial plateau was really buggered and it was about this length of time into the healing process that i got told that one would take pretty much a year to heal; so naturally I was apprehensive about this appointment. But, if doc is happy then I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment